As a professional proofreader, I will thoroughly review your text in its final layout by:
- correcting grammar, spelling and punctuation
- checking consistency of style (e.g. -ise or -ize spelling, names, capital letters)
- checking consistency of layout (e.g. headings, spacing, paragraphs)
- checking chapter headings against the table of contents
- checking the position of tables and illustrations and that their captions match with the text
- checking cross-references
- querying repetitive, contradictory, ambiguous or unclear text
- highlighting anything that requires further action.
Depending on your requirements, I can proofread on hard copy using BSI proof-correction marks, or on screen using Track Changes in Microsoft Word or Adobe Acrobat DC commenting tools for marking up PDFs.
For more information about proofreading, please read these frequently asked questions on the SfEP website.