I’m Tania, and I’m a UK-based freelance proofreader.
I offer a professional proofreading service for self-publishing authors, publishing companies and small businesses.
I trained with The Publishing Training Centre (PTC), London, attaining Distinction for its Basic Proofreading by Distance Learning course, the industry-recognised qualification. I’m an Intermediate Member of the Society for Editors and Proofreaders (SfEP) and adhere to its Code of Practice. I have been working as a proofreader since in May 2018.
Before becoming a proofreader, I taught English as a foreign language/second language privately to adults for five years. Prior to this, I worked in financial services for twenty years (four years as a secretary/PA and sixteen years as a Field Review Compliance Consultant).
I’m an avid reader of fiction and flash non-fiction. Other interests include travel and yoga.
Training & Qualifications
- Comics and Graphic Novel Conventions for Proofreaders (Editorial Freelancers Association) 2019
- Introduction to Copy-editing (SfEP) 2019
- Basic Proofreading by Distance Learning course (PTC) 2018 – Distinction
- Certificate in English Language Teaching to Adults (accredited by University of Cambridge)
- BA (Hons) Humanities with English Language 2:1 (The Open University)
For information about what I do and how I can help you, please visit my Services page.