Are you looking for a reliable proofreader?
Experience & Interests
I specialise in proofreading fiction and non-fiction books. My experience:
- Adult fiction (contemporary, crime/mystery/thriller, fantasy, historical, short stories)
- Children’s and YA fiction (fantasy, school story, science fiction; poetry and short stories anthology)
- Non-fiction (autobiography/memoirs, business, religion/beliefs, science, travel)
- My portfolio
I’m happy to proofread other subjects and genres, and would welcome the opportunity to work on:
- Mind, body, spirit books
- Personal essays
- Yoga books
- First Story
- JJ Moffs Independent Book Publisher Ltd
- The Book Guild Ltd
- Troubador Publishing Ltd
- Proofreading on hard copy using BSI proof-correction marks
- Proofreading on screen using Track Changes in Microsoft Word or Adobe Acrobat DC commenting tools for marking up PDFs
- I’m an Intermediate Member of the Society for Editors and Proofreaders and comply with its Code of Practice.
- I trained with the Publishing Training Centre, London, and attained Distinction for its Basic Proofreading by Distance Learning course.
If you’d like me to work with you, please get in touch.
‘Tania completed a proof read within good time and in good detail. Her edits were thorough, demonstrating both her experience and her in-depth knowledge of proof reading. In particular, I was impressed by her dedication to keeping the manuscript consistent, with meticulous page references of any differences between spellings throughout the manuscript. I would feel confident working with her again.’
Hayley Russell, Publishing Assistant, Troubador Publishing Ltd